Female-owned: the Caribbean’s First Ayurvedic Center Opens in Vieques, Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico-born designer, hotelier Sylva De Marco can now add pioneer and Panchakarma-expert to her list of talents as her cult-status boutique hotel – Finca Victoria – on the island of Vieques (which she first opened to a few select guests after Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico in 1997) is transformed this October as the Caribbean’s first-ever, Ayurvedic Center.
Each of the 14 accommodations – from the Treehouses and Cabins to the traditional Caribbean-style Houses and the new, meticulously restored 1973 vintage Airstream with a captivating floating deck – has been thoughtfully upgraded to provide guests with a fully equipped kitchen infused with handmade Ayurvedic spices and oils, offering an intimate culinary journey guests can create for themselves as part of their programs.
Nestled within this rejuvenated sanctuary is the captivating Maloka – a thoughtfully designed space overlooking the ocean that invites guests to engage in daily yoga, meditation, and private retreats.
The Wellness Center allows guests to indulge in an array of rejuvenating experiences, encompassing Ayurvedic therapies, western massages, Chinese medicine, and bespoke specialties using in-house crafted organic products.
- Panchakarma Detox Retreats: Offered every month, this week-long journey is designed to harness the collective energy of shared intentions, guiding participants towards transformation and renewal.
- Panchakarma + Janzu Retreat: a 9-day, profound detoxification of body, mind, and spirit starting with Panchakarma, an ancient Ayurvedic detox protocol that cleanses and restores the body to a state of natural balance. Through herbal medicine, Ayurvedic routines, yoga, and nourishing foods, participants release stored toxins and reawaken your body’s innate healing abilities. September 28th – October 6th, 2023
- Yoga Retreat with Sylvia De Marco combines sacred geometry with exhilarating yoga flows set to live music. November 9th – 15, 2023
- Wachuma Medicine Retreat offers a holistic experience of mind, body, and spirit connection through sacred ceremonies, Ayurvedic meals, daily yoga, rejuvenating treatments, Janzu therapy, and other healing rituals. February 27th – March 5th, 2024
- Into the Heart of the Ocean – Men’s Retreat invites 25 participants to explore the unspoiled nature of the Caribbean and dive deep into self-exploration and healing. Embody the masculine and feminine practices within the vitality of nature, supported by profound Janzu therapy and the teachings of the ocean. March 8th – 13th, 2024